Indulge in the bold and fiery flavors of Chilli Prawn Pasta with Crispy Chilli Oil. This mouthwatering recipe combines succulent prawns, al dente pasta, and a zesty kick of crispy chilli oil. Try this easy-to-make and satisfying dish today!
300g spaghetti pasta (or pasta of your choice)
300g fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
2 tablespoons Crispy Chilli Oil (or adjust to taste)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh herbs (such as parsley or basil), chopped for garnish
This recipe serves 2-4 people.
- Cook the spaghetti pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the prawns to the skillet and cook until they turn pink and opaque, about 3-4 minutes. Make sure not to overcook the prawns.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes over the prawns and stir to coat evenly.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cooked spaghetti pasta to the skillet. Toss gently to combine the pasta with the prawns and garlic.
- Drizzle the Crispy Chilli Oil over the pasta and toss again to ensure all ingredients are well coated.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the pasta for a tangy kick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the amount of Crispy Chilli Oil and red pepper flakes according to your desired level of spiciness.
- Remove the skillet from heat and transfer the Chilli Prawn Pasta to serving plates.
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs, such as parsley or basil, to add a burst of freshness and colour to the dish.
- Serve the Chilli Prawn Pasta immediately while still hot. This flavorful and spicy pasta dish is a perfect balance of tender prawns, al dente pasta, and the irresistible heat of Crispy Chilli Oil. Enjoy the aromatic blend of herbs and spices that will take your taste buds on a delightful culinary journey.
Note: Feel free to customise the recipe by adding other ingredients like cherry tomatoes, baby spinach, or grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavour and texture. Adjust the amount of pasta based on your preference, whether you prefer a heavier pasta-to-prawn ratio or more emphasis on the prawns