4 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk or cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon butter
Fresh herbs (such as chives, parsley, or cilantro), chopped for garnish
Sourdough bread slices, toasted
1 tablespoon Killer Condiments Crispy Chilli Oil (or adjust to taste)
This recipe serves 2-4 people.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk or cream, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Allow the butter to melt and coat the pan evenly.
- Pour the whisked egg mixture into the skillet. Let it sit for a few seconds until the edges begin to set.
- Using a spatula, gently stir and fold the eggs, scraping the bottom of the skillet to create fluffy scrambled eggs. Continue stirring occasionally until the eggs are mostly cooked but still slightly runny.
- Remove the skillet from heat and let the residual heat finish cooking the eggs to your desired consistency. Be careful not to overcook them as they will continue to cook even after removing from the heat.
- Drizzle the Crispy Chilli Oil over the scrambled eggs and give it a gentle stir to incorporate the flavours.
- Place the scrambled eggs on top of toasted sourdough bread slices.
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs, such as chives, parsley, or cilantro.
- Serve the Chilli Scrambled Eggs immediately while still warm. The combination of creamy scrambled eggs with a kick of Crispy Chilli Oil and fragrant herbs, all nestled on crispy sourdough toast, makes for a delicious and satisfying breakfast or brunch option.